Isn't She Lovely?

8:47 PM

 

Isn't she wonderful?

Isn't she precious?

Probably like 50 years old....

No idea why a Stevie Wonder song popped into my head for this one. Apparently I am just that crazy.

She is the chair I bought at Goodwill for 5 bucks. 


Tonight I started ripping staples out of her. Now my hands hurt. I didn't even get 5% done with ripping staples out. Because I learned that needle nosed pliers are not the preferred method for removing upholstery staples from a 50 year old chair. They tend to break. Then I tend to get angry. And possibly swear a little. But just a little.

I discovered that there is such a thing as an upholstery staple remover thing-a-ma-bob. Yes, that is the technical term I found.

I plan to purchase one of these upholstery staple remover thing-a-ma-bobs at Joann Fabrics when I go fabric hunting this week. I would show you the progress photo of the chair in its current state but I am not feeling motivated enough to go back into the basement to do so right at this moment. So just imagine no mustard yellow felt. And a big mess. And that should pretty much paint the picture of its current state in my parent's basement.

Did I mention that I am possibly regretting this undertaking? I plan to finish it though. Because I figure if I can get through this obstacle I may actually be able to tackle future projects.

Here is the checklist of items I must get through in order to finish project chair makeover:

1. Finish removing a bajillion staples and yellow mustard velvet fabric remnants.

2. Choose fabric. Then try to figure out how much fabric I actually need.

3. Choose piping material stuff to cover up the bad staple job that will most likely take place. 

4. Cover chair with said fabric and piping material (and possibly some batting to make it extra comfy).

5. Have a stiff drink.

6. Finish chair and revel in how remarkably talented I am. Or, put the chair out in the trash when I fail miserably :)

So, my faithful readers, does anyone have inspiring advice they can share with regard to furniture makeovers they've done in the past?

Or possibly a good drink recipe for when I reach step 5 above?

Also, should I keep the caning (decorative woven stuff) or try to remove it?

0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram