The Tale of Two Houses. And a Chair.
6:46 PM
I feel like it's been FOREVER since I've posted anything. But really its only been a few days. I think.
Perhaps its because I've been in the middle of staple removing and sanding my ugly old chair, which is not so old and ugly anymore. OK, its still old. But its getting less ugly. I promise it is. The mustard yellow velvet is gone. The old speckled stain color is 98% gone. The 4,762 staples are gone. The caning is gone. I still have a bit to do on this bad boy but I figure I should be done in about 4 years. Maybe sooner. I guess we'll see.
![]() |
| Me. With a Sander. Frightening. |
Perhaps its because we've been signing, scanning and e-mailing millions of papers in order to buy our new home here in Wisconsin, which is still set to close this Friday!!!! Inspections have all been completed. Loan approvals are supposedly in order. Cleaning supplies need to be purchased. Now all I need to do is stretch out my right hand for all the signing we will (hopefully) be doing on Friday!
| Our soon to be new |
Perhaps its because we have been signing, scanning and e-mailing millions of papers in order to finalize the sale of our home in Indiana, which has been a continuous roller coaster of emotions. Mostly anger lately. More details on that after closing.
| Our awesome house in Stupid Indiana. |
Perhaps its because I'm revving myself up for Lent. I'm giving up swearing this year. This should be a very interesting 40 days. Especially when you consider the roller coaster of emotions I just mentioned. You know, the anger. I was actually thinking about creating a list of all the words I will not allow myself to say over the next 40 days. We'll see. Maybe I should post it on here. If I type the words is that the same as saying them out loud? Hmmmmmm.....
![]() |
| Image found here. |
So that's it. That's what I've been up to for the last week or so. Not very inspiring or exciting, I know.
I think I might go have a beer now.


1 Interesting Thoughts
I cannot wait to see your new home!! Good luck with finalizing all the details and let us know if we can help you with anything! And also, good luck with the swearing...I don't think I could do it! So, I think I will just give up chips again this year!
ReplyDelete