Husband
10:42 PM
Tonight, while perusing my awesome blog, my husband asked me how I can tell how many followers/readers I have. I kindly explained that I have one follower, but a few commenters and over 300 page views already. Pretty exciting stuff.
I asked him why he was curious. Specifically I asked him if he was considering being a "guest" blogger. I told him he could write about how much he loves me and Stella.
| How could you NOT love this dog? |
He scrolled down and looked at some of the pictures and seemed to ponder the idea for a few seconds. And then simply said "I don't think I could fill a page that big... with lies" :)
###
Last night, while in bed, my husband gave me a very stimulating presentation.
On haul studies.
This is what we do now that we're married.
He showed me a PowerPoint he made for work. It had pictures sort of like this. Only not as cute.
![]() |
| Original Image can be found here. |
Then practiced the presentation for me.
I proofread it and helped make some grammatical and style changes. I should mention that I am a weirdo who loves to proofread. So if you see any major spelling errors and such on here, please call me out on them. I can't proofread my own stuff. I only see the errors in others. :)
Anyway, during my smart ass comments about the word "dump" over and over again, I kept getting a look similar to this one:
![]() |
| The look I describe as "Why did I marry you?" |
Anyway, he finished the run through at midnight. So, I didn't go to bed last night until after midnight because I was learning about something called haul studies. Wow. I know. You're jealous.
###
I hate laundry. I hate washing it. I hate putting it away. Strangely, I have no problem folding it.
![]() |
| Funny sign found here. |
But I absolutely despise putting away laundry. I have no idea why.
One time, to prove this point after much frustration at my husband for leaving his laundry sit for me to put away, I did something sort of mean. But really funny.
I mismatched all of his work socks.
![]() |
| Image found here. |
I knowingly and deliberately paired socks that did not match, folded them and placed them in his drawer.
The next morning he was getting ready for work. He put on his clothes and was getting ready to put on his socks. And I was in the bathroom smirking. Because I knew it was coming. It wasn't long until I heard confusion and frustration begin to come out of his mouth.
I don't recall exactly what he said. But I know it was something like this:
"Girl?" (he calls me that as a petname)
"These socks don't match."
"And neither do these."
"What the hell?"
As soon as I came back into the bedroom smiling he knew exactly what I had done.
I reminded him that I hate putting away laundry.
And I probably gave him a look something like this:
| The look I describe as "Why did I marry YOU?" |
And I can't even imagine how many times he has thoroughly checked whether or not his socks match before putting them on.





5 Interesting Thoughts
I am laughing SO hard at this. I love it!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, I knew you would appreciate this! :) PS - we got the FedEx package from Steve. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteHilarious post! Everything in this totally screams Kristin!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you you know, I follow you, you're in my Google Reader.
ReplyDeleteI also LOVED the prank you pulled with your husband's worksocks...i wish i could do that to my hubby...except mis-matching all of his white tube socks is...lets just say, "anti-climatic" :)
ReplyDelete