Dear William (4 Months)
9:07 PMDear William,
My oh my how much has changed since I wrote my last letter to you. I feel like overnight you suddenly went from my baby to my little man.
At your 4 month check up you weighed in at 12 lbs, 12 oz and were 25 3/8 inches long. And I swear you are growing like a little weed. You give momma a workout every time I carry you up and down the stairs, my little chunk-a-lunk. You are still pretty long and lean, but you definitely have a little milk belly and lots of adorable chuck on your little baby thighs.
You had cereal for the first time the afternoon after your 4 month checkup. And boy had you been waiting for food. You downed that bowl of rice cereal like a champ and your Grandpa Joe was here to help hold you while you ate for the very first time. Since then you have had sweet peas, avocado, butternut squash, zucchini and sweet potatoes. And there hasn't been a thing that you haven't liked.
Thanks to your new found love of food, you are also sleeping even more like a champ than you already were. You are not 100% consistent with what time you get up to eat in the early morning hours, but you still go to bed right around 7:00 and sleep a good 11-12 hours for us. It is amazing, to say the least. Daddy and I were even brave enough to finally unswaddle you for sleeping, thinking that we were going to have a struggle when it came to getting you to sleep without it. Thanks to your easy-going, roll with the punches attitude (that you most definitely get from your daddy), it wasn't a struggle at all as far as your bedtime routine is concerned.
And your napping. Oh, sweet boy, your napping. You will finally give momma more than 20 minutes at a time. I am so thankful not only because I am able to get things done, but also because you need your sleep, little man. You are not a happy camper if you don't get your napping in during the day.
You still love your walker and I would say it is your favorite toy so far. You also love your caterpillar, your Ernie and both of your Sophie toys. You are very good at keeping yourself entertained for a few minutes at a time if momma leaves the room as long as you have your toys to keep you company. You are so good at controlling your toys, picking them up if they are laying next to you and putting anything and everything in your mouth.
You have discovered your voice and your laugh even more than last month. Your belly laugh is one of the sweetest and funniest things I've ever heard and I will do anything within my power to get you to laugh. It brings a light to my life that you can not even imagine. You love to laugh and daddy and I love to give you raspberries or tickle you in order to get you to do so.
You are also so strong, little man. You rolled over from your tummy to your back for the first time the day after I wrote your 3 month letter. And boy did you become an expert at that fast. To date you have not figured out how to roll from your back to your tummy but I know it won't be long and you'll be doing that as well.
Thank you for being our silly little man and for bringing smiles to our faces each and every day. Daddy and I love you so much.
Love,
Your Momma
![]() |
| William, 4 months - March 2, 2013 |

0 Interesting Thoughts