Its Bread. Made with Beer.

10:00 AM

Last night I made Shepherd's Pie for dinner and it was yummy. I know I was a day late with the whole St. Patrick's Day thing, but oh well. I have a kid. And leftovers on Sunday were so much more convenient.

But believe it or not, I'm not going to share the Shepherd's Pie recipe with you since my post is entitled Beer Bread. I am going to share a Beer Bread recipe with you instead that I made to go with the Shepherd's Pie.

I know. So exciting.

But really, it is.

I used to spend money on beer bread mix when I would go to one of those home parties. You know the ones I'm talking about. And the mix was really simple. Just pour in a can of beer. Melt some butter on top, if you choose, and bake. Super easy.

But this is easy, too. And yes, I found it on Pinterest. So, if you follow me there you have probably seen it on one of my recipe boards. And if you don't follow me on Pinterest then, well, you suck. Just kidding. Sort of... :)

Anywho, back to the recipe sharing.

Honey Beer Bread


Ingredients (for one loaf):


3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons honey (microwave for 5-10 seconds to make it easier to pour)
1 can beer
1-2 Tablespoons butter (optional)

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease your loaf pan (I just use boring old vegetable spray). In a medium bowl, sift your flour and then add the baking powder, sugar and salt. Pour in the honey and beer and stir with a wooden spoon, just until ingredients are mixed. Spoon all of your batter into your greased loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Remove bread from oven and put 1-2 Tablespoons of butter on top (it can be cold) and spread around. Put back in oven for another 5-10 minutes until top is golden brown and a toothpick or fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.

And that's it! It goes great with Shepherd's Pie, which coincidentally also contained beer. And then I drank a beer with my dinner. All in all a great day after St. Patty's Day celebration, if I do say so myself.

Oh, and I didn't take a picture of my finished result. We ate half of it before I thought about it. But, you can see a mouth watering picture where I found my recipe here.

0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram