Very Pinteresting
6:41 AM
Have you heard of Pinterest?
I briefly mentioned it here.
It's the biggest waste of time. And completely addicting. And I love it.
I can seriously spend hours just browsing other people's pins. And then daydreaming of all of the projects I could accomplish and all the things I could do myself. But rather than do them, I pretty much just sit and browse. For hours.
So, in order to get you addicted and waste some of your time so that I am not alone in this black hole of awesomeness, I am going to share with you 10 things I have learned as a result of Pinterest.
(PS - Pinterest in no way endorses my use of their name or their website. I just love them.)
#10
How to make my hair actually look good and not like a rat's nest. Thanks to the lady on this blog I can now successfully curl my hair. And her tutorials are really easy so I plan to try some of the other things on here. Hopefully I don't tie my hair into knots or get it stuck in any brushes while trying to curl my hair. Yep, I did the 2nd one when I was a kid. Oops.
![]() |
| Click here to learn how not to get brushes stuck in your hair. |
#9
That I can make my own wreath with felt flowers. And hot glue. And I didn't even burn myself or get stuck to the carpet. I know, I was also quite surprised.
#8
That this is one of the smartest things I have ever seen and never would have thought of on my own:
![]() |
| Click here for source |
#7
That using the freezer is smart. Whether you freeze leftovers, partially cooked meals that you can use later or are uber-motivated and make 3 months worth of meals in one day, the freezer is a good idea. Pretty sad that it took the internet to teach me what is probably common sense for most people.
![]() |
| Click here to see all these recipes! |
#6
That you can put bacon in just about anything. Even chocolate chip cookies. No, I have not made these yet. Yes, I fully intend to. I mean, come on. It's bacon. In a cookie!
![]() |
| Recipe is here. |
#5
That I am a nerd. Why, you ask? Because I was ridiculously excited to get not one, but two of these organizers for my pantry. That's right. They are holding my ziploc bags and aluminum foil right now. And they are ah-mazing.
![]() |
| You can be a nerd, too. Just click here. |
#4
That if I drink enough beer and buy some yarn I can have a pretty mantle.
![]() |
| Click here for link to Pinterest. |
Doesn't it make you want to drink more beer, too?
#3
That I can use my leftover stick-on tiles from my bathroom project under my kitchen sink to make clean-up a little bit easier if there are any leaks or spills. No witty commentary on this one, I just think its S-M-R-T.
#2
That if you mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 3 parts water you have your very own zit remedy. Yep, I tried it and it worked great. Be careful, though, and test it on a small spot before you rub it all over your face, especially if you have sensitive skin. I was ok and had no side effects. But I make no promises for how this will work for others.
![]() |
| View more here. |
#1
That I need to hit up my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore to see if I can find some cabinets to make this. Oh yeah. And that I need to talk the hubs into helping me make this.
![]() |
| Tutorial can be found here. |
Been on Pinterest? Learned anything new and exciting? Been pinspired enough to complete any of your own projects? Come on, sharing is caring people!










2 Interesting Thoughts
I am definitely inspired to drink more beer. Maybe we'll drink more together when you are here in December, and then we can BOTH have pretty mantles! :)
ReplyDeleteI think that is a fantastic idea... :)
ReplyDelete