Our Month in Photos {August: Part I}
3:56 PM
Busy. That is pretty much the best way to describe our August.
When I was looking back at the photos from the month I had no idea why there were over 600! Then, once I started going through them I figured out why.
We spent time with family.
We went to Betty Brinn Children's Museum in Milwaukee with friends.
We went to the zoo.
We rode bikes and played outside. A lot.
I braved WI State Fair on a very hot day with the kids. By myself.
We went to Kidz in Motion in New Berlin (an awesome indoor play area with tons of different theme play rooms for the kids).
Erik and I went to see our good friend Joy get hitched. Let me just say, a wedding on a boat traveling down a beautiful river at night was an AWESOME experience.
We went to Charleston to celebrate my parents turning 60 (!!!) AND their 40th wedding anniversary (!!!) AND our 7th wedding anniversary! And we squeezed in time with friends and family while we were in South Carolina. It was a fantastic way to cap off the summer and lead into our little man starting school (!!!). I know, so many exclamation points. But I really think that this post deserves that because we fit a lot into the month of August.
So, without further ado, here is our August in photos. Check out my next post for pictures of our trip to Isle of Palms, Charleston and Columbia, SC!
*******
Back to school shoe shopping. Sadly, these were not keepers. And in the end I ordered his actual school shoes off of Amazon.
Wrestle time with Uncle Tim! If John could spend his life without a shirt or socks on, he would be the happiest kid ever.
This was our first experience at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum in Milwaukee. My book club moms invited us to come along and had some free passes thanks to the library summer reading program. The boys loved it. Their favorite parts, by far, were the grocery store and the small indoor playground with a little farm/grocery store. It's almost like the grocery business is in their blood or something. Ha!
John's bumble bee backpack is my favorite. Its so cute and it even comes with a leash. Yes, I am a mother who has a leash for her child. Judge away!
John really enjoyed mowing the lawn. And the rocks. And anything he could push that lawn mower on.
Just the usual at home shenanigans: dumping out the grocery cart and riding it like a truck.
Momma braved a meal out with these guys after grocery shopping at Walmart. Even John sat like a big boy at the high top table thanks to our Leachco strap!
Love these smiles :)
These hats were a wonderful investment at German fest. The boys absolutely love them and look so hilarious in them!
I was outside doing some yard work and some random car started pulling into our driveway. Erik was mowing the lawn and Will was outside playing at the time. A man gets out of his car, starts walking toward me carrying a picture and introduces himself as the son of the original owner of our home. His parents built it, put in all the original trees and landscaping (including the orchard) and he spent a better part of his teenage years mowing the lawn. He dropped by to give us an aerial photo of our house after it was first built that his mom found when cleaning in her current home. I, of course, gave him a quick tour to show him all he updates we've made. All in all a pretty cool random memory of our house to share!
If this little boy could live on a tractor he would.
Crib shenanigans: John attempting to remove his clothes. See what I mean about his preference to be shirtless?
A zoo date with mommy always means a carousel ride.
And a train ride.
And sometimes, even ice cream!
I'm not always this nice but this was the day we initially attempted to go to State Fair and it was so busy I couldn't even get to an open parking lot because all of them were full. Thanks to our zoo pass, I was able to save the day and keep the crying from the back seat under control with the promise of all the fun things we'd do at the zoo. Enter carousel, train ride and ice cream. Its a good thing we have a zoo pass and I always pack a lunch so that I could splurge on all this fun stuff! Plus, the added bonus of watching Will help feed John his ice cream is a special treat. Love these two.
Poor Scout. He didn't know he was going to be an attempted escape tool today by being climbed on!
Loving his big brother's tricycle now that big brother rides a 2-wheeler with training wheels!
We made it to State Fair. And boy was it hot. We saw animals, bought a trumpet, drank some lemonade and had some snacks. And momma may have sweated thru her clothes pushing 2 hot kids in the double stroller once they were too exhausted to walk anymore. It's all about the smiles on those faces and the memories made!
This kids' area with the trucks and tractors and all the baby animals is a big hit with the boys.
They loved all the baby chicks!!
We found some nice cold milk in the WI Products Pavilion to take care of those hot, pink cheeks!
Kidz in Motion is a great way to spend a hot or rainy summer day!
My little construction worker grocer is hard at work taking care of his customers!
And he made a friend at the air hockey table. I love how excited he was when he figured out how to score a goal!
This climbing monkey likes the foam slide.
And the ball pit!
He's coming up with his own theory of relativity here, I'm certain of it.
Snuggles with my boys :)
My Stella girl with all her best friends. I'm sure this was one of those days where I gathered up her collection from downstairs and brought it all back up for her. She is very unimpressed that they are all over her bed and that I am taking her picture.
This one has the most innovative ways of eating and getting his food everywhere.
Morning play time in our jammies!
And the morning wouldn't be complete without some shopping cart/truck crashing.
My parents took the kids the night of August 13 so we could fly to Michigan to see our friends get married.
We started the day with some pizza and beer at the Jolly Pumpkin Pizzeria and Brewery.
Then we went across the street to Motor City Brewing Works and enjoyed some more beverages and picked up this very special wedding gift for the bride and groom.
We went back to our room, enjoyed a quick nap and then got ourselves ready for an evening ceremony at the Marina, followed by a boat ride down the Detroit River.
It had been a pretty rainy day, weather wise, but the sun came out just in time for the ceremony. And, after the shortest wedding ceremony known to mankind (awesome by the way!) we boarded the boat and had a delicious meal and spent some time meeting some of the other wedding guests, some of which Erik only knew casually through work. The views were beautiful, the company was fun and we had such a fun time celebrating the Pleckers!!
The beautiful bride :)
We had a late afternoon flight the next day so we got up, had a late breakfast at Cracker barrel and headed over to the Henry Ford Museum. We didn't have a lot of time to spend there so we opted just to do the museum portion. I can tell you that we will definitely make a trip back over here with the boys when they are older as we know they would love all of the trains, cars and airplanes on display. I wish we could have spent more time seeing everything and taking one of the tours but its a good reason to some again in the future!
Erik posing with a car from a presidential motorcade of the past.
An old school bus.
Some cool restaurant signage we spotted! Brings back memories from my Everbrite days :)
A picture momma sent to her sweet boys from the plane.
I ordered the boys goggles for our upcoming South Carolina trip. They had way too much fun trying them on.













































































































0 Interesting Thoughts