Our Month in Photos {August: Part III}

10:10 PM

Check out Part I here 

Check out Part II here

The day after we returned from Charleston we did what any normal people do after vacation. We slept in, relaxed and did nothing. Just kidding, of course we went to Costco! Will picked out the rug he wanted for his birthday list. Solar systems are cool.


John went to bed with his baseball hat on. And a billion toys in his crib.


Riding bikes! We missed them on our trip!






Someone may have gotten a hold of the hose while mommy was on the other side of the house. I'll give you 2 guesses.




Someone may also have been playing in one of my flower pots. I'm guessing its the kid covered in water and dirt.




 What mom? I was just over here mowing the mulch.




How many pictures can I take of one cute baby wrapped up in his blanket? A lot apparently. And I'm posting all of them.












These are the before pictures of our rock wall. The area I like to think of as they eye sore in our landscaping that does no favors to our beautiful lawn and new blue siding. They've been sent to our landscaping company for a quote to remove the weeds, rebuild the rocks and build a fire pit at the end. Wish us luck. It needs a major makeover. And for the record, I spent one really hot summer day weeding most of this and they all just grew back. 




 I like to think of this area as the "pit of despair" - It's torture having to look at it when we are outside playing. It's a combination of our original "fire pit" (aka the part of the lawn that we were sure was going to start our house on fire the first summer we lived here) and years of Christmas trees, brush, and yard waste that we continue to dump in this area.


Our tree trimming company's owner actually complimented us on our yard once when he was over doing an estimate. He noted just how much work we've put into the yard and how impressed he is with how well we've taken care of it. And he followed it up with "except for this part right here. It would look really nice if it was cleaned up." I wish I was kidding. And he's a really nice man and meant no harm in the comment. He was just stating the obvious!


Anywho... I made my dad a blueberry pie for his birthday dessert. He loves blueberry pie. I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe because I love her recipes. And I bought the pie crust because I hate making pie crusts.


We spent Will's last day of freedom before school started at the zoo with Erik's cousin and her grandsons. It was a beautiful day and all of the boys had a great time! Will finally sat in the canoe in the Primate building (something he doesn't usually get to do because it's so crowded whenever we go in).


This time of year if the train is running we ride on it.


I pretty much solidify my place as coolest mom ever with each ride we take.


Waving to the random passers by!






Ooohhhh, a tractor!


Haha, love the photobomb from our train car neighbor!






The zoo is always a great way to wear out the boys. I love sleeping John and his multiple chins. Cutest thing ever!


 We ordered a table for Oktoberfest next month. I took a photo of the computer screen to send to Erik. We're both very excited about it!


We picked up this desk from Erik's cousins. It belonged to his Uncle and has been in his cousin's house for years and they have no room for it anymore. The plan is for me to refinish it and use it in one of the boys' rooms in the future. We'll see how long until I have a post of it being complete!

























0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram