40 Weeks & The Nursery!
6:16 PM
T-minus 1 day until this kiddo is supposed to make his or her appearance into this world. But, I have a feeling tomorrow is not going to be Frank's birthday. I guess we shall see!
In the meantime, here I am as of last night. Technically it was taken 2 days before I'm officially 40 weeks but I figure it's close enough. You can argue with me about it if you want to but I'm 1 day away from being 40 weeks pregnant. You may not want to deal with those pregnancy hormones.
And, the side by side comparison from when I was skinny :)
As promised, here are pictures of the nursery. Yep, it's done and just waiting for this kiddo!
The crib is from Pottery Barn Kids. My mom helped me make the quilt and I made the crib skirt. all. by. myself. Pillow cover, too!
The dresser/changing table is also from Pottery Barn Kids. The dresser has diapers, cloth diapers, onesies and all sorts of hand me down clothes.
I made the pinwheels from cardstock and stuck them on the wall with some double sided foam adhesive circles. That way, if baby pees on them, I can just take them down and rearrange! Originally I planned to do a mobile above the changing table but saw the pinwheels on Pinterest and figured I'd give it a try.
The glider/rocker is from Dutailier and is super comfortable. I already had the side table and the ottoman (which I may slipcover eventually... we'll see). I found the lamp at Marshall's, the coral bowl on clearance at Target and the owl picture at Pier One.
Bookcase is from, you guessed it, Pottery Barn Kids! It's not part of the same collection because the bookcase that went with it was discontinued. But, we found one in the same finish and it matches perfectly! We got lots of books and toys from our showers so this was perfect to fit everything.
Erik put together and installed the closet organizer and I found the baskets at Target, which fit perfectly into the closet organizer openings. They are filled with blankets, burp cloths, diapers and all sorts of other goodies.
Our awesome friends Steve & Jennifer were up visiting last weekend and Steve helped Erik get the doors installed. Thanks, Steve! :)
Here's a view of the room to give you some perspective of how we have things setup. Almost all the frames in the gallery were frames I already had on hand that I spray painted black. Some of them have artwork in them and some of them are waiting to be filled with pictures of baby, baby footprints, hospital bracelet, etc.
Curtains are from Target and the toy basket was a gift from my sis-in-law. It fits perfectly under the window and has a lot more toys in it.
And here's another view of the nursery to give you the rest of the perspective.
So that's it, folks! Now all we need is the baby and the room will be complete!










0 Interesting Thoughts