About Damn Time: Part Deux
11:00 PM
I love blogging. Yet I hate blogging.
I love it because it is a great creative outlet. Somewhere that I can share my thoughts. Update my friends and family. Post progress of our house. And our lives.
I hate it because I suck at keeping up with it. And I hate it because I look back at posts from February and realize that not only do I suck at blogging, but also at chair refinishing.
The good news is that since I suck so much at blogging (and just realized that I bought said chair in February) it has inspired me to actually do something about it.
I haven't touched the chair since February. Unless you count picking it up and physically moving it in the house a few times. And then looking at its backless self thinking, "Hmmmm, maybe I should finally get the stripper out and finish getting the stain out of the cracks."
(Wow. That sounded dirty. But probably because I am 12.)
And then I'd do something else. Like laundry. You know, something equally as exciting as finishing the chair. Or taking pictures of our bathroom remodel progress. Or spray painting a lamp. Which still needs a sand, a coat of poly and a lampshade. But I promise it won't take me 5 months to show it to you.
Ok, I don't really promise. Because knowing me it may take me another 5 months to update you on all of this.
But I promise to at least make an effort and not go a full month in between blogging.
The good news is I have made some great progress on the chair. And no, I didn't strip it.
I caved.
I painted it.
This is what it looked like after I decided to paint it at 10:00 last Thursday night.
(I get inspired to work on projects at very odd hours.)
And then I put another coat on it Friday. And then I bought fabric and batting and cording on Saturday. And then I realized on Sunday, in the daylight, that I needed to redo the wood filler I had originally done on Thursday because the paint was not filling in some of the wonkiness (technical term) that I had hoped.
But worry not my dear friends, for all I have left to do to this bad boy is a rough sand, some glazing, a coat of poly (or varathane, I must do my research) and then staple the crap out of the fabric that I bought for it.
Should be done in about 5 months or so.
Ha ha, just kidding.
0 Interesting Thoughts