About Damn Time
11:06 PM
We've been living in our house for 2 months. And tonight I finally had the ambition to hang some pictures on the walls.
I decided to take some inspiration from some of the other blogs I read and do something a little different and out of my usual comfort zone.
So here's the before shot of our foyer, taken on the day we moved in to our house:
And here's some shots of tonight, just hours after I got out my hammer and nails.
The wall has a lot more impact in person. Yet in the photos it still looks like a blank canvas that needs something more.
A little more of a close up. As you can tell, I had some blank frames that need some artwork to be added into them. And I may just have to dig around to see what other things I can find to hang in some of the open spaces on the wall.
Here's a close up of one of the frames that actually has some artwork in it. These are actually cards I bought in Charleston during my first trip there with Erik a few years ago. I loved the sketched artwork of the houses and gates. And I love Charleston. So this is a great reminder of the times I have been lucky enough to visit this amazing city.
And here's some pics of that first trip we ever took there... just a couple of weeks after getting engaged.
| US Customs House |
| The Battery |
| The Battery (again) |
| A Blurry Church |
| Us on the beach. |
So now, every time I walk through my front hall I have a little piece of Charleston with me. Makes me want to plan my next trip there.
0 Interesting Thoughts