Dear Motivation
11:13 PM
Dear Motivation,
Where have you been these last 4 weeks?
I get up in the morning, have my coffee and go to work in the hopes that when I get home you will be here waiting for me so that we can take care of some things.
Like... hanging pictures. Or getting the upstairs bedrooms cleaned out and organized. Perhaps getting all of the random crap out of the sunroom and where it belongs.
Don't get me wrong, you and I get along really well on the weekends and I find the energy to do things like mow the lawn. And rip out bushes. Even trim trees and drag the branches to our ginormous brush pile that needs to be lit on fire. Like now.
But, motivation, you have been finding ways to escape me on weeknights once I get home. There's just enough of you to walk the dog, make dinner and find my way to the couch.
I need you to come back to me so that I will stop watching recorded episodes of Chopped while half sleeping on the couch and petting the dog.
So could you do me a favor and find your way back into my life? I miss you, motivation. I need you. Because my house is a dirty disaster. And I don't know how much more I can take before I start to go a little crazy. Luckily, tonight you made enough of an appearance for me to start a load of laundry at 9:50 PM and then empty out a few bags from the back bedroom. Please remind me of said laundry in the morning so that I don't have to rewash it tomorrow night...
I hope to see you tomorrow and in the days that follow so that I can tackle some of the other projects that are looming in this house. Like cleaning the additional bedrooms. Building that bookcase we talked about a while back. Getting the screens put back in the living room windows. And, for goodness sake, getting this gosh darn chair finished. I've only gotten through part of step 1. I'm pretty sure that I've repeated step 5 enough times to make up for it though.
Anyway... I don't ask for much, motivation. And perhaps I will even treat you to a beer if you show up tomorrow.
Please?
Love, Kristin
0 Interesting Thoughts