Our Month in Photos {April}

4:00 PM

The boys set up their own picnic in the sunroom, complete with a blanket, a picnic basket and some "food" (aka mommy's slippers")


Will helped me play an April fool's joke on Erik. I took a picture of our TV and photoshopped a big crack into it, texted it to Erik at work and told him the boys were playing and threw a wooden ball into it. I even had Will call to "apologize" followed by him saying "April Fool's, Daddy!"



 Waking up is hard to do when you're 1 1/2. I love the blanket lines he has on his face after an especially good nap.


These 3 are my everything. How did I get so lucky to have such handsome men in my life?


Will was the last of the 3 boys to come down with the stomach bug. Luckily, while he was recovering he still had a sense of humor about it.



John thinks that coloring is a lot of fun. We're still working on staying in the lines. The paper taped to the table means that he can't eat it.


I bought us a little present at Costco. Nerd alert!


Will thought all his animals should use the dog bed.


Brandstaetter Siding Project 2016 has begun! The masons came to take the brick off the house and had it all ripped off in just over a day and a half. Bye bye brick and tan, next stop blue!




The boys are finally at an age where we can let them play together on their own. Sometimes I like to just sit back, relax and take in all the chaos that erupts in the house on a daily basis. 




The brick is gone! The neighbors even e-mailed to compliment us on the nice new look to our house. Ha!



Peek a boo! That smile gets me every time. The clubhouse is, by far, John's favorite gift that he's ever gotten.


Per John, the correct way to eat a peanut butter sandwich is directly from the middle. It's important so that you evenly distribute the peanut butter and jelly all over your face.




When you drop everything (and by everything I mean the squeegee) to follow your brother and see what kind of trouble you can get into.




Sometimes she just likes to lay back, enjoy the sunshine and snuggle with her toys. She's such a good girl with our boys and we are very lucky she's our family dog. Love our pretty Stella girl.


Post nap snack and milk time on a beautiful spring day.





I decided to move some landscaping bricks from the front garden bed. Since the siding is being done its time to revamp some of the other landscaping around the house.


Never stop being you, John. Because you really are the best!




Al fresco patio dining in April. This is a rarity in WI. Almost as rare as being able to set up the water table on an 80 degree April day in WI.









I could use a little help with my spray painting skills when trying to decide on the shape of my garden bed. Time well spent on a nice afternoon when the boys hung out with Grandma & Grandpa.





Enjoying a green mint ice cream treat on the patio while his little brother is sleeping. That's his reward when he helps momma do the gardening.



It appears as though there will be an abundance of rhubarb again this year when the plant is this big in April.



I always love when babies fall asleep in the car on the way home.


After almost 9 years, we said goodbye to my 4Runner. Buying her was a big symbol of my independence at the time and it was one of many steps in me making huge strides and growing into the person that I've become today. I had my "summer of freedom" in this car 6 months before I met Erik. Stella and I spent countless hours in this car traveling back and forth to IN the first year Erik and I were dating. We took many road trips and adventures, both before and with kids. We brought both of our boys home from the hospital in this car. Saying goodbye to something is hard, even when its something as silly as a car. But this car gave me great memories and adventures and for that I will always be thankful. I had to take some pictures with my babies in front of it, Stella included, before we dropped it off with its new owners.





Erik and I got a last minute invitation to go to the Brewers game with my beautiful cousin, Maggie. Luckily, we were supposed to go mini van shopping and already had a sitter lined up (aka grandma & grandpa). Seats were right behind home plate and we had a blast with Maggie and my brother, Pat. Way better than mini van shopping on a Friday night!








0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram