Will Turns 3!

10:00 PM

3 Years. I have no idea where 3 years has possibly gone. But my baby, my first born, my sweet little Will Will turned 3. Before I know it he'll be in school, then heading off to college and getting married. Time goes way too fast. 

To celebrate, we had a "Fast Cars" themed birthday party the Saturday before his actual birthday. It was a Disney "Cars" theme, but Will calls it "Fast Cars" - you know, because he's adorable. We kept the party relatively small and invited immediate family as well as some of our friends with kids around Will's age.



I kept the decorations relatively simple with some balloons, checkered flags and some paper lanterns I already had on hand. I also made an assortment of road signs that we hung up around the house. 


I made some centerpieces with black construction paper and chalk lines and put a few race cars on each of them. Admittedly, I didn't take the best pictures of all the decorations and details.


I bought some Cars plates, napkins and a banner and made up some giveaway bags for the kids. They said "Luigi's Spare tires" and I filled up some clear plastic bags with chocolate frosted donuts. Adorable and delicious. Too bad I didn't take a better picture! 


We used our fireplace as the gift staging area. The red, yellow and green balloons were supposed to look like stoplights. Thank you, Pinterest.


Erik thought it'd be cute to use John's clubhouse as the car wash. It was pretty cute.


I put a horse crossing sign above Stella's food dish area because I thought it'd be funny. And a dead end sign on the laundry room door. 


Guests started to arrive. Hi Riley!


Melissa, Riley, Amy & Mara

Uncle Tom

Uncle Pat & Steve
The birthday boy was pretty excited about his Lightning McQueen birthday cake.






Our family celebrating with the birthday boy.






He's come a long way from being scared of people singing happy birthday to him! Last year he cried. This year he was really excited.





Saying cheese with Grandma & Grandpa.


Will sure loves his Grandpa Joe. The feeling is definitely mutual. I love these 2 together.


Hey Will, you've got a little something on your face!




It got late, but it was time to open presents with mom's help. He got Cars 2, two different Lightning McQueen Race cars, Lightning McQueen sunglasses, a bug catching kit, some books, cones to ride his bike around, puzzles, a talking globe, firetruck legos, a Mukwonago sports t-shirt, foam golf balls, an activity easel and a sticker book!















We took him to Culver's on the day of his actual birthday and had dinner and ice cream while we were there. We got home and let him open another bag of small gifts and his humongous birthday card.





"I'm 3!"
Here he is pointing out all of the number 3's that mommy wrote on his birthday card envelope.






John took the opportunity to try to steal a race car while Will read his card.




We hope you had a great birthday, Wilbur! Daddy and I love you so much and are so proud of the little man you've become. You are kind, sweet, funny and a little stubborn. We wouldn't change it for anything in the world. 

We started potty training you this past week and you have exceeded our expectations in how ready you were for it. Just another example of how mommy & daddy are nervous to try something new with you and you always take it on like you've been doing it forever.

Happy Birthday, sweet boy. We love you to the moon and back.

0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram