Mother's Day
11:50 AM
Mother's Day was celebrated by hosting my immediate family to our home for dinner. Per my mom's request, I made Rachael Ray's Love Birds recipe - chicken in puff pastry with fig jam and cheese. It is super simple to make and so delicious. If you've never tried it before, I highly recommend it! Recipe can be found here.
Before dinner, I requested that all of us go out into our orchard and take some family photos with my mom. That turned into us doing pictures of all the grandkids and each individual family. The orchard was in full bloom and it made for the most beautiful backdrop, in my opinion. I really love our yard. It's 3.5 acres and a lot to maintain but its at times like these that I really appreciate the beauty of the area that we live in.
![]() |
| My mom with her 3 kids |
![]() |
| The Brandstaetter Clan :) |
Erik surprised me with the best Mother's Day flowers ever! There's a flower shop near his work that makes specialty arrangements and he ordered me Hank the Ballpark Pup! Miller Park and the Brewers have a special place in our hearts because we are big Brewers fans and got married at the ball park. Also, we saw the flower shop on one of Erik's favorite shows, Around the Corner with John McGivern. Just had to throw a little nerdy shout out to my husband there {although I like the show, too because there's a lot of interesting history about places throughout WI!}
On Mother's Day, Erik and the boys took me down to Mader's in Milwaukee for their German brunch. It was very good and the boys were mostly well-behaved! It was a little stressful handling both kids in the restaurant, but only because we don't go out to eat with them both very often. Will's favorite part was the cake and John's favorite part was the puffs we brought along for him, ha! Once brunch was done I had to do a picture with both kids in the Big Chair in the lobby. They were so funny during the pictures and the best one we got was of John trying to steal my flower that Will was holding onto. All in all it was a great Mother's Day weekend and I'm so very blessed for my husband and my kids.








0 Interesting Thoughts