An Update.... Finally
11:07 PM
The move in was a success! And we've had internet for right at a week now but I've been neglecting my blog for other things. Like unpacking. And tractor shopping. And unpacking. And cleaning. And walking the dog. And unpacking. And going to Goodwill to find a festive 4th of July shirt for Erik which we will most definitely be cutting the sleeves off of to make it even more festive. And then more unpacking.
Needless to say, it's been slightly busy and very hectic around the old homestead since move in day. Though I for one have not been as productive as I would've liked over these past 2 weeks. Still, we've gotten a lot accomplished. And a lot of that is thanks to my wonderful family for coming to help us out on those first couple of days after the move.
Oh, and remember how I wished I had gas a couple of weeks back? Well now I do thanks to a couple of plumbers and some piping being run through the basement. Along with that we have a new water heater, furnace and a working stove. I even made a huge mess of the kitchen tonight while making buffalo chicken macaroni and cheese. And yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. I will post the recipe this week in order to be nice and share.
We also successfully purchased a new lawn tractor (or garden tractor - I don't know the difference between the two yet). Well, mostly successfully. We got it on Friday, just in time for the rain and cold weather to come back. And then we realized yesterday that the deck on said tractor is not the size we ordered and paid for. So now we get to call back our friends at the John Deere dealer and politely demand that they bring out the correct size so that we can mow the amazon jungle that is our lawn. Complete with a lovely field of dandelions. Believe me, our neighbors must be more than impressed with us thus far.
Pictures and more updates are to come soon. And if I can figure out how to rotate a video that I took on move in day then I'll share that soon as well.
Until then, stay classy San Diego!
1 Interesting Thoughts
Chris and I have a dandelion field too! When they all so nicely bloomed a few weeks ago, I walked around the house signing Dandelion Fields Forever to the turn of The Beatles, "Strawberry Fields Forever".
ReplyDelete