Deep Fried Deliciousness

10:28 PM

Dinner tonight consisted of something that my husband's family calls Scrambled Pancakes. It's very easy to make and its deep fried. Two qualities that create a great Tuesday night dinner if you ask me.

To make it mix together in a batter bowl (or whatever bowl you'd like to use):

1 c. flour
2 eggs
1 t. salt
Milk (enough to make the batter about the same consistency as pancake batter)

Then, heat some oil on the stove top over medium-high heat and pour all of the batter in at once. Let it cook until the underside gets to be golden brown. Then, with 2 spatulas, flip the whole deep fried gob of batter (very technical term) over and begin cutting through it with the spatulas to break it up. Continue to let it cook until golden brown. Once done, scoop out onto a paper towel covered plate.

My husband's family eats this topped with applesauce. I've also tried it with syrup. And tonight we had some fresh blueberries and raspberries along with it and some pan-fried yukon gold potatoes. Some of us (i.e. Erik) decided to top it with the applesauce AND the fruit. I looked at him like he had a third eye when he did this.


Erik's family ate this as a dinner when he was growing up. But I think of it as more of a breakfast, hence the fruit, potatoes and glass of orange juice I had with mine. And I would've fried up some bacon if I would've been thinking of it. But sadly, I forgot we even had any. Sad, I know.

What do you think? Would you consider deep fried dough topped with applesauce as more of a breakfast eat or a dinner treat? Try it and let me know. Oh, and beware, when you mix the batter you will think you need a double recipe or more, but I warn you that this makes a full skillet of deep fried deliciousness.

I would've taken a picture of them to share with you. But sadly, we ate them all. You will have to rely on the Google to share a picture with you instead.

0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram