I Want to Remember This {#2}

9:33 AM

While snuggling with me after his milk while watching PBS kids (pretty much our morning routine):
"Mommy, it's really too bad daddy didn't get to stay here and play with me"

***

Hanging out on the couch when he started a cold and had to miss school:
"Mommy, I can feel the little bug that daddy gave me walking around in my tummy."


***

Running through the house all crazy after being told repeatedly to stop:
"But I'm just running away from the alligators!"

***

While reading his new preschool bible for the first time - The Creation Story. I was reading all of he things that God created and he interrupted me to say (with a huge smile):
"I really love God. When I grow up and get bigger I'm going to draw him a picture. It's going to be of me and him together."
I smiled and hugged him and told him that's awesome.

***

The boys were playing in the sunroom together and Will was using his cardboard blocks to create a pattern on the floor.
"Look, John, it's a pattern. It's green blue green blue."
And John started repeating him: "green blue"

***

John loved Hawaii. And John really loves Grandpa. Lately, when John asks about Grandpa we ask him where Grandpa is. He says "Grandpa beach" or "Grandpa pool." One time he even said that Grandpa was at school.

***

I ask Will to clean up his big messes around the house (blocks, race cars, legos, etc). Overall he's really good about it and listens well when I ask him to. Lately, he says:
"Why do I have to do all of this work all by myself?"
while he begrudgingly cleans up his messes.

***

"Do you know what I'm going to do when I grow up and am a Roadster Racer? I'm going to win a really big trophy. It's going to be full of candy. And I'm going to share it with everyone. It's even going to have lollipops!"

***

"Mommy, there's a snapping turtle on my back!"
Me: Oh no!
"It's a really nice one. Can I play playdough now?"

***

It was our first Brewers game of the season. We told both boys they needed to take really good naps because it would be a late night. Will listened and went right to sleep. John, on the other hand, was playing noisily in his room (which is pretty typical). I was waiting for it to become quiet so I could go out and do some yardwork. It never got quiet so I finally went upstairs to see what was going on. I opened his door and saw 2 huge piles of clothes stacked on his bed. He removed every article of clothing from his dresser and piled it on top of his bed. When I asked him why he did it he walked to the window and told me "daddy outside"... I'm not really sure what that had to do with anything but it was pretty funny!


0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram