I Want to Remember This {#1}

11:19 AM

William says so many hilarious things on a day to day basis and I've decided it's time I start writing here so that I remember to share it with him when he's older. So, this very original (haha!) post title was born!

*****

Yesterday, after his first day back at school after Christmas break, his teacher took a minute to tell me this... during Alpha time, William stopped what he was doing, looked at her and said:

"Did you have a wonderful Christmas, Miss Baumann?"

She said it was so sweet and thoughtful of him and she just had to take a minute during pickup to tell me about it. Then, on the way home he told me about it and said:

"Do you know what she said to me, mommy?"

Me: No, Will, what did she say?

"How was your Christmas, William?"

He smiled big and was so proud of himself!

(NOTE - he requests to be called William at school. I joke that it's his stage name)

*****

While playing with his Star Wars characters, race cars and Millenium Falcon toy (all from Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas!) he came to me for help with something. Then, he said very matter of factly:

"It's kind of hard for me to remember the names of all these Star Wars guys, mommy"

Me: I know buddy. You're only 4 though so that's ok!

*****

On our way to school:

"I can't wait to get bigger so that I can watch scary movies, mommy"

Me: What scary movies do you want to watch?

"I really can't wait to be bigger so I can watch Star Wars. That's a pretty scary movie, mommy"

*****

"Do you remember when you came home and had to rest and John and I were at Grandma & Grandpa's house?"

(referring to when I was sick over Christmas break)

Me: Yes, what about it?

"I really wanted you to not have to rest anymore and come back downstairs"


*****

When I was  hanging on the couch one night during break and Erik was getting dinner ready for the boys because I felt so terrible, Will brought me some "water and toast" and his prized "Bear" stuffed animal to help me feel better.

"I'm sorry you're sick mommy. It makes my heart really sad when you're sick"


0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram