Halloween & Will turns 4!

1:08 PM

Halloween will always be a favorite time of year in this house because we always get to celebrate it with William's birthday!

This year, it was extra special with Will getting the added bonus of celebrating with his classmates as well. He wore the birthday crown, sat in the birthday chair and his classmates sang to him while they enjoyed his birthday treat. In lieu of cupcakes or other sweet treats I made Monster cups with green grapes and marshmallow eyes. I neglected to take any pictures of the treats but they were a big hit at school! And I think the teachers approved since the next day was the Halloween class party full of sweet treats.


I volunteered for his class Halloween party and dressed up as a kitty cat, complete with a kitty nose and whiskers (thanks to some eyeliner) and a cheap headband from target. It was so fun volunteering in Will's class to help the kids make spider hats. The room mom had lots of fun activities and treats in store and the party was a huge success!


That afternoon, Will made some cool playdough monster faces. Great job, buddy!




Will wanted to be Spiderman for Halloween. And he asked for John to be a little spider. Will's costume was a hand me down from a girlfriend of mine so I only needed to buy him a mask. And John's was homemade with a black sweatshirt, some black socks I stuffed with batting and hand stitched to the sweatshirt topped off with a plain black hat that I hand stitched some spider eyes onto. I'm not sure who was more excited about the costumes... me or the boys!


I, of course, had to have a dress rehearsal with my little spider to see how he looked. Pretty cute, if you ask me!






 Will's birthday was the next day. I decorated outside his room with some green streamers and balloons that I numbered 1 through 4, in honor of him turning 4.


I also decorated the kitchen and Erik and I wrapped his gifts so they'd be ready to open first thing in the morning! His birthday was on a Saturday so it was awesome that Erik could be home all day to celebrate with us.


Will opened his gifts first thing! He asked for puppy puppets (because he loves John farm puppets that he got for his birthday).








He also asked for an Angry Birds picture. He loves playing Angry Birds on Grandma's iPad at her house. I found a picture online and printed and framed it for him to open. It now hangs in his room and he is quite pleased.


We also got the boys a joint gift, so John had to wait until Will's birthday to open his additional present from us. Being 2, he really didn't know the difference. I wrapped it up in a tablecloth and made a little sign for it. We had it in the sunroom away from the other gifts so that Will could have a special time opening his gifts on his birthday before they both opened and played with this one.



Hmmmm, what can it be?




A play kitchen!!!!

The boys love to help me cook and bake and are always looking for plastic bowls and mixing utensils to pretend with. What better gift for my 2 future chefs?!




We followed up gift opening with a pancake cake, complete with whipped cream and a candle for him to blow out.








We spent some time outside playing because it was a beautiful day! Here are the boys with the pumpkins they carved at Grandma & Grandpa's house while mommy & daddy were in Tucson.




Our porch all decked out for Halloween!


Will requested Fork in the Road in Mukwonago for dinner. We got there early and the boys did so well! The food was delicious, as always. Dennis, the owner, comes out to sing happy birthday to the birthday guests. Will was more interested in his ice cream than anything!








When we got home there was even still enough time left to paint his special monster pumpkin (the kit was a birthday gift from our good friends Steve & Amber). He thought painting a pumpkin was lots of fun. It turned out really cute!




As if the weekend hadn't already been busy enough, the next afternoon we went back to Mukwonago for trick or treat in my parent's subdivision.

Will enjoying his lunch at Grandma & Grandpa's house

Spiderman and his spider



Our little family :)

The Brawny Man (my idea!) and a kitty cat
 The funniest and cutest thing happened once we got back from taking the boys trick or treating. IT was a beautiful day so the boys were spending some time on the front porch watching the trick or treaters come to the house. Will got a surprise visitor... a squirrel came up to the candy bowl, stole a chocolate candy and started eating it on the sidewalk. He shared this news with us and I grabbed my phone to try to capture a picture of the squirrel. It saw me and took off running up one of the trees to continue opening and eating his treat. You can barely see him through the leaves in the picture.


The next day Spiderman and his spider got back in to their costumes so that we could go to Will's school for their Halloween "parade" through the gym. 


We came home for lunch and Stella somehow ended up with John's shoe on her back while she lay anxiously awaiting leftovers to be dropped for her. I love how she didn't move from her spot, even with a shoe on her back. Silly puppy.




It was nice enough for a walk and some outside play time on Halloween day. You just never know in WI if you're going to need to bundle up in snow suits or wear shorts for trick or treating.






Halloween pictures with their pumpkins again!




Erik got home from work and it was time for one last round of trick or treating after nap time. He wins dad of the year for his idea to pull the kids around in the tractor cart. We filled it with comfy blankets and headed out for the long trek through our subdivision. 






Our neighbors are so kind and were very excited to give the boys their treats and goodies. One neighbor even bought the boys stuffed bears because she knew we would be out trick or treating. 


I walked along behind them for as much as I could. Our neighborhood is so spread out that I eventually had to hop into the cart to ride with the boys. Our chauffeur did a wonderful job for the evening.


We made it back home just in time for some dinner and some candy before bed!


It was such a busy, fun couple of days for our family!

0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram