Dear John {6 months}

8:36 PM


Dear John,
I don't know where the last 6 months has gone. It seems like only yesterday that we found out we were pregnant with you! And now here we are 6 months into this parenting adventure of 2 little boys and we couldn't be having more fun. 

I will admit, I was afraid before you were born that I couldn't possibly have enough love in my heart to replicate what I feel for your brother. But from the moment you came into this world I was proven wrong. And you continue to amaze me every day.

I'm sorry that momma hasn't written you monthly letters up to this point but daddy and I have been pretty busy these last 6 months trying to keep up with you and your crazy brother!

You, my darling, are an amazing little boy. To say that we are over the moon for you would be quite the understatement. You have the sweetest little personality that goes great with the silliest little belly laugh.


Now I will admit, the first few months you were here weren't easy on us. You have a lot of fight in you, just like your momma, but we got through it and have so much fun with you.

You are a rockstar eater, whether it comes to nursing or to the 3 solid meals you enjoy every day. You love applesauce, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes and avocados. You tolerate green beans and cauliflower. And bananas make you barf. All over the place.

Enjoying a nice "Spring" day - notice the winter hat and full baby swaddle
You rolled from tummy to back at 4 months old and have almost figured out how to roll yourself from back to tummy. You are so close to doing it and once you do I know that crawling to chase your brother around the house will soon follow. You scoot yourself around on your back in order to get a view of whatever it is you're trying to look at and I crack up every time I leave the room for a minute and find you laying in a completely different position from the one I left you in.

You are a belly laugher. I don't know what makes you laugh more, your brother or when daddy or I get you naked for either bath time or getting dressed. Either way, it is hilarious and your laugh is contagious.

You have the sweetest little personality and are already quite the little flirt. You make friends wherever you go and just love to "talk" to people in church. And when you screech and laugh daddy and I call you our little teradactyl.


You had your 6 month checkup today and you weighed in at 13lb 12oz and were 27 inches long. You are a little peanut weight wise but you make up for it in length and are surely going to take after daddy and your brother and be long and lean.

Some of the things you love right now:

Your brother. You love daddy and I but we both know most days that no one compares to your brother. He comes up to you to share stickers or help feed you your solids and your face lights up. You two are going to be the best of friends, you know, in between all the wrestling matches that I already know are in your future.

Toys. Pretty much anything you can get your hands on and bring to your mouth. You like Sophie, BlaBla Kitty, my chewbeads necklace and Captain Calamari, just to name a few.

Playing with brother's tool bench
Your walker. You love to stand and play in your walker and just recently figured out how to scoot around and get where you want with it. In no time I'm sure you will be chasing both Will and Stella around the house!

Your feet. You have recently discovered the appendages that reside past your ankles and you will constantly take off your socks and play with your feet. 

Captain of sock removal {yes they are in your hands, little monkey}
Dogs. When you lay on the floor either at home or at grandma & grandpa's house you love to watch and talk to the dogs. Sometimes you even start laughing at them for no apparent reason.

Food. Nursing. Sweet potatoes. Applesauce. Peas. Carrots. Avocados. Butternut squash. Pretty much anything that will fill your little belly. And if we are sitting down for a meal we better have something ready for you or you get pretty mad at us!

Being tickled. This is another instance where you belly laugh and screech like a teradactyl. And it. is. hilarious.

Some of the things you don't love right now:

Sleeping. You go to bed about 7:30 every night and you sleep until between 7 & 8 the next morning. But you love your momma so much and want to see me at least 2 or 3 times during the night. It's not your fault, sweet boy, you were a but underweight at your 4 month checkup (momma's fault!) so you had some catching up to do. The good news is that you are all caught up to where you need to be  (yay!) which means all of us should be on track to getting more sleep soon. Hopefully very soon.

Snuggles with momma on a day when this was the preferred method of napping
Nuks. Daddy and I are totally ok with this one. We figure it is one less thing we will have to break a habit of later on. You will take it occasionally but you want milk to be coming out of it vs. just having a nuk for comfort.

Well that about wraps up you at 6 months, little man. I'm sure I'll remember more later and can always add to it. But for now, I love you to the moon and thank you for making my heart burst with joy every. single. day.

Love,
Your Momma

0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram