Dear William - 2 1/2 months

10:33 PM

Dear William,
Where has the last 10 weeks gone? In some ways, it seems like only yesterday that we brought you home. Yet, you've grown and changed so much in these last 10 weeks that sometimes it feels like you have been a part of our lives for so much longer.

I have to say that you are an amazing little man. You have taught me to love in ways that I never even knew were possible. I have loved your daddy for almost 5 years now but the love that he and I have for you is indescribable. You have completely changed our lives. And I can not even remember what life was like before you were a part of ours.

The first night we brought you home (and those first couple of weeks, really) is mostly a blur. When we got home we introduced you to your big sister, Stella, and she was very curious about you. But also very good about not getting too close. I remember trying to figure out what pajamas to put on you and sort of freaking out because I didn't know what to do. It seems like a million years ago.

William. You are a such a happy little boy. You have been smiling since you were about 5 weeks old. And as of yesterday you have discovered your laugh. When I heard you genuinely laugh for the first time while you were sitting next to daddy on the couch, my heart literally skipped a beat. Your laughter is contagious and all I could do was pick you up and hug you out of pure joy.

You are a little talker. You just love to coo and smile at me and daddy when we talk to you. And you move your mouth like you are seriously trying to tell us something. I have no doubt that you will be talking in no time.

You are so personable and easy-going. You get your laid back nature from your daddy. Thank goodness. I hope that will continue and that you will have his patience moving forward as well. Because if you end up with my patience we will be in trouble!

You are a fantastic snuggler. In the beginning we called you our little frog baby because you liked to curl up with your head on my or daddy's shoulder with your legs all scrunched up. It was so sweet. You are still a snuggly little boy but you have many different positions you like to be cuddled and it seems like every day its a little different.

As of late you are a very good sleeper at night. But, trust me, it has not been that way from the get go. There have been many a night when you have had me just about at my wit's end because I couldn't get you to sleep before 1:00 AM. Thank goodness those days have passed and you now have a more regular "bedtime" around 8:00. Right now my routine with you is to give you a bottle, get you into your pj's, swaddle you, read you a book and put you to bed. And most of the time, you are still awake when you go to bed and have learned to put yourself to sleep. Something daddy and I are very thankful for.

My dear William, you are a terrible napper. Some days you will nap in your swing. Some days, like today, you won't let me put you down for a nap and insist on being held while napping. Some days you'll nap for 2-3 hours in the morning. And then fight naps the rest of the day. I am convinced it is because you are afraid you are going to miss something. And you refuse to nap in your crib. But I can't complain too much because you are such a good sleeper for us at night. I'm hopeful that these next few weeks I can get you into a better napping routine, but we shall see!

Last night, 1 night before you turned 10 weeks old, you rolled over in your crib for the very first time. Little man, you just about gave momma a heart attack.  Last week you turned yourself 90 degrees in your crib when I came to get you in the morning. Stop it. I just want you to know that you are too little to be doing such things.

You are such an active little boy. Daddy and I keep saying that once you figure out how to get moving we are going to be in big trouble! You kick your arms and legs a ton when laying down. As of this past week you want so badly to sit up even though your little body just isn't strong enough to do it yet. You love to stand up in our laps and do squats and we can't believe how strong your little legs are. You have been turning your head during tummy time since the first week we brought you home. Sometimes you really like tummy time, and others you hate it. But you are able to lift your head and do a mini-push up without a problem. Once you're able to roll onto your tummy regularly I am convinced you are going to be a belly sleeper like your momma.

You are so very aware of everything going on around you. When I hold you and you hear daddy's voice from across the room, you turn your head to look for him and vice versa when he's holding you and you hear me. You know your Stella and watch her as she walks by you when we're playing on your blanket on the ground. Luckily, her bark doesn't scare you!

You love to watch the TV. So much so that I now keep PBS on in the morning if we have the TV on, otherwise I try to turn it off so that you don't watch it so much. I know it's just the light, motion and sound that intrigues you and catches your attention, but I also know that I don't want you to form a bad habit already.

William. You have changed my life. I love being your momma and getting to spend every day with you. You are an absolute treasure and every day I am so very thankful that God has blessed us enough to have you as a part of our lives. Thank you for your smiles and your coos. And thank you for loving me and daddy as much as we love you.

Love,
Your Momma

William. 1 month old. November 29.

William. 2 months old. December 29.


0 Interesting Thoughts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

My Instagram