The Story of Us
9:17 PM
It's the same old story. Boy and girl meet in a bar. Girl gets really drunk and finds boy cute. Girl makes fun of boy and calls him a redneck. They fall in love and get married. Wait, maybe that's not the same old story. But that's our story. Sort of.... except that my husband is much more charming than I just made him out to be in that initial fragment of how we met.
![]() |
| Angelo's Pizza. The night we met. I stole that hat from him. |
We actually met through a mutual friend of ours (Thanks, Tom). It was in a bar, and I may have consumed some alcoholic beverages prior to and during the time we started talking. But I did find him cute (how could you not?). And charming.
We met that night, just over 3 years ago, had our first official date just over a month later and the rest, as they say, is history. I pretty much knew I was going to marry him within about 3 days. But I waited 3 months to tell him so as not to appear completely crazy. Wow, that's a lot of 3's I just dropped!
In those 3 years we have been through a lot. And I mean A LOT...
I bought a house in Wisconsin. We got a dog. We traveled a lot, with and without the dog. We got engaged while on our way to a Packers game. Well, actually at the airport in Atlanta on the way to Florida.
| At the Packers game in Jacksonville. |
Then we sold the house in Wisconsin and bought a house in Indiana.
![]() | ||
| Our sold sign. And our dog. |
Then we got married! I may be biased because it was our wedding but it was probably one of the most fun weddings. Ever. We had great weather, amazing food, a fun band and, of course, our wonderful family & friends that were there with us to share the day.
![]() |
| August 22, 2009. Photo by Artist Group Photography. |
![]() |
| Cute pic of my adorable little cousin, Charlie at the wedding. |
I'll have to dedicate a post to wedding photos at some point. But not now. There's way too many disks to go through.
Long story short, we are now back in Wisconsin and living with my parents. We have our house on the market in Indiana and are in the process of finding a house back here in God's country. I like to tease my dad that his 30 year old daughter is living with him again because he worked so hard to get me out of the house, married and out of the state. And then what does his baby girl do? Move back to Wisconsin. And back in with him and my mom. With my husband and my dog. Doesn't that sound like the American dream? :)
So that's our story. And I'm stickin' to it.




1 Interesting Thoughts
I must say, I miss you guys and softball isn't going to be the same this summer. I'm lovin' your blog!
ReplyDelete~Marci L.